Our skin needs all the moisturizer it can get, so it doesn’t become too dry or fatty.
The first step – drinking enough water is obvious, but you have to make sure the products you’re using are also helping with hydration. If you want to be sure, it’s best to make your own.
Now I will share 3 recipes of amazing homemade moisturizing creams for dry skin.
These 3 homemade moisturizing creams for dry skin are very simple and effective. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
First of These Homemade Moisturizing Creams for Dry Skin
I’m going to share with you how to make this homemade cream for making your dry skin very soft and supple and keeping it moisturized throughout the day. It is very inexpensive and easy to make.
You will need
- 5-6 teaspoons of coconut oil
- one teaspoon of almond oil
- one teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 vitamin E capsules
Preparation of this moisturizer cream
For making this moisturizer cream you will need coconut oil which is really beneficial for your skin and it has properties that will eliminate the dryness from your skin and will make it very clear and shiny.
So, firstly you must take an empty bowl and then you must add around 5-6 teaspoons of coconut oil that is hundred percent pure.
Next, you will need almond oil. I’ll be using the ROGHAN BADAM SHIRIN sweet almond oil that is a hundred percent pure.
Almond oil as you all know provides beauty with nourishment as it goes deep into the skin and also has vitamins A, D, and B which are beneficial for your skin.
Now, add one teaspoon of almond oil into this bowl.
Next, you will need aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel as you all know has lots and lots of beauty benefits for our skin.
I will be using the PATANJALI SAUNDARYA aloe vera gel. It not only has the benefits of aloe vera but also is enriched with the nourishment of kesar and chandan (saffron and sandal).
Now, you will add one teaspoon of aloe vera gel to this mixture.
Lastly, you will be adding two vitamin E capsules. You can easily get them at any medical store.
Vitamin E oil is needed for this mixture and for this you will just cut the vitamin E capsule with a scissor and you will do this for both the capsules and you will extract the oil of these capsules.
Now, you will mix it really well.
In the end, you take an empty small container. Then, you will pour this mixture into the container and close it. Now you will refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
So, after 30 minutes you have your moisturizing cream that will nourish your skin, and also it will give it a bright and radiant glow.
Second of These Homemade Moisturizing Creams for Dry Skin
This natural moisturizer can be easily made at home, and it’s a great solution to moisturize dry and very dry face skin. It is also great for normal or combination skin.
Use twice a day, after applying a facial tonic.
- 2 tablespoons of apricot kernel oil
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil
NOTE: Don’t use in case of sensitive skin.
- Combine all ingredients in a sterilized, air-tight glass container and shake it well to mix.
- Store it in a dark and cool place, and use it in up to two months.
Third of These Homemade Moisturizing Creams for Dry Skin
Rich, creamy, with skin rejuvenating characteristics – this winter face moisturizer has everything you need to protect yourself throughout the colder months.
Between the severe winds, dry air, and central heating, it can feel like an all-around war is being raged on your skin.
So, now is the perfect time to bolster your defense by making this moisturizing face cream that easily blends into your skin.
You will need:
- 152g Water
- 4g Glycerine
- 2g Coconut Milk Powder
- 12g Shea Butter
- 16g Jojoba Oil
- 8g Emulsifying Wax
- 4g Cetyl Alcohol
- 2g Fruit Extract AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids)
- 2g Preservative eco
- 2g Vitamin E Oil
- Measure out your water phase ingredients: Water, Glycerine, Coconut milk powder and your oil phase ingredients: Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Emulsifying Wax and Cetyl Alcohol.
- Slowly melt both phases in separate heatproof containers over a low heat using a double boiler or bain marie.
- Once the oil and water phases have completely melted, mix together and transfer to a smooth surface.
- To create a slight and airy emulsion, use an immersion blender. As the mixture cools and more air is incorporated, it will start to thicken and change to a faded cream colour.
- When you are happy with the consistency, you can go on to adding the cool down phase.
- Use a scale to add your preservative (preservative eco), antioxidant (vitamin E oil) and any essential oils you desire to add for fragrance.
- At this phase also add the Fruit Extract AHAs. Alpha Hydroxy Acids should not be heated and that’s why are added in the cool down phase.
- Give a short, quick mix either by hand or using a blender just to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Store your natural Winter Face Moisturizer in a dark-coloured or tinted glass container or airless pump bottle. Because this will help to prolong its shelf life.
Note: This recipe makes 200g.
Benefits of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs).
Some of the many benefits of AHAs include:
- Increase skin’s elasticity and firmness
- Stimulate collagen synthesis and blood flow
- Brighten complexion, helping with hyperpigmentation, dark spots and sun damage
- Reduce the appearance of slim lines & wrinkles
Cold weather takes out the moisture from the outer layer of skin which weakens it, requiring increased cell turnover to keep it healthy and renewed.
Not only do AHAs gently exfoliate away the dead dry surface skin cells, revealing younger skin.
But they’re also a humectant that attracts moisture to keep the cells plump, combating more dryness.
Please note: like with any exfoliant, AHAs increase sun sensitivity therefore products containing them should always be used with sunscreen.
Benefits of jojoba oil for skin
Although its oil-like appearance, jojoba oil is actually a wax!
It’s structurally the most similar to our skin’s sebum (natural oil) making it an incredible choice to use in face products or those targeted areas of sensitive skin.
Due to its similarity to sebum, it can get over typical issues you can face with oils like clogging pores, weighing down the skin, or triggering breakouts.
Actually, jojoba oil not only dissolves into the skin, providing all-day moisture, but it’s also able to balance out your skin’s oil production which can help tremendously with dry, acne-prone, or oily skin.
Jojoba oil can both mimic sebum or avoid more sebum from being produced depending on your skin’s unique over or underproduction of oil.
This makes it one of the few emollients that can be really beneficial for all skin types: oily, combination, dry or sensitive.
In addition to its moisturizing characteristics, jojoba oil contains antimicrobial and anti-fungal characteristics that work together to keep skin healthy.
Coconut Milk Powder – derived from the flesh of coconuts, it holds a similar host of benefits like coconut oil, without the facial skin irritation that can occur with some people. It traps moisture inside the protective barrier of the skin helping to keep it elastic and hydrated; increases collagen production and is anti-inflammatory.
Shea Butter – a mainstay in any homemade moisturizer. Shea butter is perfect for conditioning, toning, and soothing the skin. This is due to its high concentration of vitamins and fatty acids. It’s an emollient which absorbs quickly, sealing in the moisture.
Chamomile Hydrosol – For extra soothing and moisturizing characteristics, you could replace the water base in this recipe for chamomile hydrosol. This is a perfect option for those suffering from sensitive, or inflamed skin and provides a beautifully calming scent.
As you can see, these 3 homemade moisturizing creams for dry skin can be made very easily at home. Also, these homemade moisturizing creams for dry skin are very effective and their ingredients are inexpensive.
So, which of the 3 homemade moisturizing creams for dry skin do you plan to make? Share your ideas in the comments box below …
If you like our topic about homemade moisturizing creams for dry skin, you might love our other article.